Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thinking

I've been thinking about posting kinds of things that I didn't use to post. In the past, I have not posted about spiritual things that I was thinking, preferring to write them in my journal. This was not because I was ashamed of my faith. It's just that some things are so personal and sacred to me that I didn't want to send them out into the world wide web. There are still things of a sacred nature that I will be keeping to my journal, but I think it is a mistake not to share the little thoughts that help me. They might help someone else too. I've recently started keeping my journal with me when I read my scriptures and church magazines so that I can write down little passages that strike me. Today I read an article in the Ensign that had quite a few little thoughts that helped me. Here are a few:

God is "...someone I can turn to for love" (and help) "when I feel weak, not hide from in shame."

"We are worth loving because Christ thought that we were of enough worth to atone for us individually." -Bonnie D. Parkin

". . . We can distinguish more clearly between divine discontent and the devil’s dissonance, between dissatisfaction with self and disdain for self. We need the first and must shun the second, remembering that when conscience calls to us from the next ridge, it is not solely to scold but also to beckon.” -Elder Neal A. Maxwell

My thought is this: Don't look around and, seeing where you are on the path, lie down and give up because you aren't where you think you should be. It's not about where you are on the path. It's about getting back up and keeping on going."

Anyway, I don't by any means plan to turn my blog into a big pulpit or anything, but I just wanted to share what helps me.

1 comment:

timpani76 said...

I will have to read that article soon! It's easier to be hard on yourself when you are pregnant, for me anyway.