Monday, November 09, 2009

Lydia's 24 Hour Triumph, and Other Various Things

Once again, there was a big event that I forgot to bring my camera for. Lydia participated in a 24 hour run at school. Lydia and all of the other participants prepared for a couple of months so that they'd be able to finish it. They had about 5 teams of 11-12 kids each. They ran relay fashion from 9 am Friday morning until 9 am Saturday. Each kid had to run about a mile approximately every 1 1/2 - 2 hours for 24 hours. Way to go LYDIA!!! She did it. I went up for a few hours during the day, and ran with her while I was there. Bruce's parents came up for a while in the evening, and Terry ran with her. Bruce and Trent went there around 7 ish in the evening and stayed the rest of the time, taking turns running with her. I think they only got about 2 hours of sleep. Lydia was soooo tired when she got back! She slept nearly all day and was eager to go to bed early that night. I'm so proud of her for setting that goal, working for it and then doing so well! Love you Babe!

On another topic, here's Ross and Mark with a tower that they were proud of.
Here's Clayton, very happy with himself for discovering the canister that I keep snacks and stray cookies in. Ain't he cute!
Bruce took Justice to Tae-Kwon-Do with him the other night. Justice was very excited to go! He kept asking about it all day. Bruce told me that while they were there, Justice announced that he was going to do a flip. (We have a trampoline, and Justice is very good at doing flips on the that - but on regular ground?!!) Before Bruce could react in any way, Justice jumped up in the air, and attempted a flip. I hope that he learned a lesson about how unspringy regular ground is, when he plowed himself head first into the ground. Silly boy!

Correction: Bruce says Justice landed on his back.

2 comments:

Eyepoke said...

Justice kills me

timpani76 said...

Yay for Lydia!!!