Sunday, November 22, 2009

Introducing Lady Nemesis Grim

Bruce brought home a kitten from deer camp. I've never had a birthday present that I loved so much and yet wasn't sure if I wanted before. I'm not sure what I'm naming her, but for now she is Lady Nemesis Grim, on Chloe's behalf. The two animals are shyly getting acquainted. Nemesis crept up to Chloe today and sniffed her nose. Chloe (the 100 lb lab) jumped about a foot in the air and scared the cat. It was kind of funny. I'm hopeful that they will be good buddies. The ride home from deer camp was about 2 and a half hours, during which the cat did not freak out. She crawled up underneath the gas / break pedals and into the dashboard and stayed there for the duration of the ride. It took us about a half hour to get her out once he was home. I could stick my hand up behind the glove box and pet her, but I couldn't maneuver her to get her out. She nuzzled my hand, purred and licked me, but she just wouldn't come out. I eventually got her by the tail and pulled till she came out. Bruce was in the garage getting out a screw driver to disassemble the dashboard at the time. I gave Lady Nemesis Grim her first of many baths if she's going to live with us. Lydia and I are both allergic to cats, but both too in love with cats to stay away. She didn't like it, but was pretty good. I hope this doesn't turn out bad!

-oh, and Bruce killed 3 deer. He has many a disgusting picture that he can post on his own blog.

1 comment:

timpani76 said...

You could shorten it to "lady" or "lady grim". How and why did Bruce find a kitten at deer camp?