Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Bit Too Much of a Weekend

It all started on Thursday. We were planning a surprise camping trip to Nauvoo for the next day, since Bruce and the kids were all off of work/school. I flew around like a crazed person all day trying to get ready to go. I went grocery shopping, did laundry, packed, and cooked all kinds of things in an effort to save money by not having to eat out on our trip. I was also baking for the Easter dinner / birthday party (for Mark and cousin Erin) on Sunday. I baked 4 loaves of pumpkin bread, made 3 cakes worth of cake balls (one at a time, since I only have one 9 x 13 pan), browned 2 lbs of hamburger (for the crock pot dinner that I made on our camping trip and we ended up not eating until Monday - we decided that we'd rather just have sandwiches instead in the interest of time), made 4 cans worth of tuna salad, and boiled and decorated two dozen Easter eggs.

Friday it was rush rush rush, then off for a 3 1/2 hour drive to our camp site. We played around for about an hour once we got there.
Then we surprised the kids (mostly for Lydia's sake) and took them to see the new Hannah Montana movie at the theater.

Here's a lovely bit of expert photography! I got skills!

After the movie we headed back to our cabins, sang some songs, told funny stories, and went to bed. I slept like total rot! I never can sleep good on camp outs! In the morning, I got up and went for a six mile run around town. Then we played at the camp ground for a bit, packed everything up (I had WAY over packed for a short one night stay!!!), and went into town to visit the temple grounds, and the fudge factory.

Then we packed everyone into the van and drove back home (3 1/2 hours), dropped the kids off at the in-laws, and drove another 45 minutes to the stake center for the adult session of stake conference in which Bruce and I were part of a quadruple quartet, which was very good, if I do say so myself. I just LOVE to sing in a good choir!! Then it was back to the in-laws to pick up the kids (after a quick, but enjoyable visit at my BFF's house), and home to unpack the insanely many things that we had packed in our van for that short short camping trip. We got to bed around 2 am. I was completely exhausted!!!!

Next day was stake conference, Easter, and Mark & Erin's birthday party. I was so tired I was ready to crack. I actually screamed at Justice inside the church. (I was so embarrassed). Well, I wasn't totally inside the church. Justice had made a break for it, out the front doors, and was running full tilt toward the busy highway. I screamed "STOP JUSTICE!!!!!" about as loud as I could, and it wasn't a nice sounding scream either, it was about the fourth time that he'd gotten away and run out of that door, and I was ticked off. My voice gave plenty of witness to my ticked-offed-too-tired-to-carry-on-ness. My favorite member of the stake presidency (someone who I was especially embarrassed to see me in such a rage) ran out an caught the little scamp for me and brought him back . Wasn't that nice of him! So embarrassed! Oh well!
Here's the group in their new Easter duds (courtesy of Grammy) -all except Clayton who was taking a nap.Here is everyone rushing out for the Easter egg hunt.

Here's Clayton after his nap, and still a tad grumpy.
Here he is fed and happy again with his Pa.It was almost a fun weekend. The beginning was good, but it was just a bit too much fun for me. I was dog tired, and totally dead by the end!


lid said...

it was fun. Thank you for up dateing.

Mom and Sarah said...

Renae...I'm exhausted just reading about it! I don't how you do it!