Monday, October 13, 2008

The Awesomest Weekend! (Now back to Reality)

I of course forgot to bring the camera, so I have no pictures. We went camping in Nauvoo with my parents and all of my siblings. Everyone was there, except my sister-in-law, Liz. I hear she had a good weekend too. We actually did almost nothing in town, but I didn't mind it one little bit. We were at a great campground with heated cabins, and a playground just a stone's throw from our cabin door. We just farted around and let the kids play all day. We played some volleyball. John, Trent, Ashley and I all went for a morning run. I was by far the slow poke of the group. Oh well, I'll get it back eventually. Well, I'll never be as fast as John or Trent, but I'll be able to keep up with Ashley at least. John, Lydia and I went for a midnight walk all the way down to the river. That was nice. Basically we just relaxed and socialized. About mid-day, our friend Colista, who lives in town came over and brought her boys (who are nicely just the same ages as my boys, so they all played). Ross really liked Tristan! Too bad we don't live closer. We just hung out and chatted. That's about it. It was just sooo inexpressibly nice to be able to let the kids run around, with no TV or video games to fight, no homework to do, no place to have to go to. The weather couldn't have been better either. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Now I'm back home, I've completely unpacked, I took Clayton to the doctor to investigate a bug bite that looked nasty. Turned out to be a wasp sting. He never cried. Weird. He's fine. We put the basement back together, and cleaned up the downstairs family room. I found out the Chloe has worms (not heart worms), so I have to take her to the vet tomorrow. I have to spend tomorrow paying bills, and catching up on piano practice. And our water heater broke. Fun, fun, Fun. Vacation is over. However, I'm still good and chilled out from the weekend. I care not, it will all be well.

7 comments:

Eyepoke said...

Gizzardry

timpani76 said...

That sounds like such fun! I keep telling Erik he would probably get into camping, if he gave it a chance. I used to love girls camp!

Ooh, wasp sting! Poor baby!

Bruce said...

this wasnt really camping. it was more like a crappy hotel room right next to the woods. we had showers, heat, and electric. i had the fun last night of getting my broken hot water heater out. now i get to put in a new one in. at least its still under warrenty.

lizS said...

oh good, still under warrenty! that helps. when ours broke, we thought it was, and through some stupid beaucratic loophole, it wasn't. and at least you get to fix it today, and it won't cost you much. we went a week and half in january with no hot water, and had to foot the entire bill ourselves. talk about yuck! glad you guys had a great weekend! i'm seriously bummed i didn't get to go. i love camping, and the weather was sooooo perfect for it! ah well, maybe next time! (as in, maybe next year...)

colista said...

I loved getting to visit with you guys! Tristan really liked Ross too. In fact he was just talking about going to see him last night and I had to burst his bubble and tell him you were at least 3 hours away!:)

Dana Cheryl said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! I can tell that you're pretty chill. Ahhh relaxation!

Bruce said...

got it in. lets hope i did it right and we have hot water. including all the fittings it was about $100. not bad for getting a brand new 55 gal water heater. we had a 40 gal befor.