Thursday, August 02, 2007

Six Flags



We dropped the J-Bird off at Grandma Sever's for the day and went to Six Flag with Bruce's family. We had a good time. We all stuck together for a while and rode rides until lunch. We all packed a picnic and found a shade tree by the parking lot to eat under. The kids ran around and played while we grown-ups relaxed for a while. Then we went to the water park for a couple of hours. After that we split up. Bruce took Lydia and the more adventuresome people to do the roller coasters. I took the smaller kids (happily) and did the kid rides with them. I'm not a fan of roller coasters. I can do the rolling upside down & the spinning part fine, but the drops are torture for me. If I have one unreasonable fear, it's drops like that. I don't mind heights really, I can stand on high things and look down, no problem, but I hate drops. Bungee jumping or sky diving sounds like utter torture to me. I don't even like to jump off of the high dive. Lydia, on the other hand is a roller-coaster maniac! She couldn't wait to go on the meanest, scariest ones! Anyway, I didn't bring my camera, because I didn't want to have to keep track of it all day. Bruce took these with his phone camera. (That's why they aren't the best.)


And here's a beautiful nugget that I put on here just for the gross out factor. This is the picture of me that Bruce has as his wallpaper on his phone. Lovely isn't it!
Oh, here's an amusing thing. We didn't get home until about 11:00 pm, so Mom had long since put Justice to bed in the port-a-crib. She has one of the old kind that you have to assemble (it doesn't just pop up). Justice thought it was really neat when she was putting it together, clanking all of those metal bars together! But as soon as she put the top of it on, and it looked like a bed, he got really mad, and wanted nothing to do with it.

2 comments:

Dana Cheryl said...

Wow Renae! That doesn't even look like you. I'm soooooo jealous! Six Flags is one of my favs. I particularly love Scooby. He pretty much the best mastcot ever! Did Lydia cut her hair or is it just pulled back? So glad ya'll found some time to play!

Love ya!!!

Renae said...

She hasn't gotten her hair cut yet. We will be getting back to school hair cuts soon (boy do we need them! Ross's moehawk & Lydia's split ends!) she says she want's it cut short. We'll see what she decides.