Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Trent's Birthday

(As usual, I forgot to bring my camera, so here's another recent photo of Trent.)

As per tradition, I had to put Trent through an ordeal for him to get his birthday present. (See last year's post labeled something about August 21, if you want to know the other horrible things that I've done to him.) Well, as things tend to go, the gag gets bigger & bigger every year. I think I might have over done it this time. It was fun; I just hope Trent saw it that way. (I think he did.)

Here's what I did:
I had 13 tasks for him to do. He got $1.00-1.50 per task, depending upon how well he performed the task. He had to:

1:Somersault across the yard.

2: Do 30 sit-ups in one minute.

3: Crab-walk around the basement to find hidden puzzle pieces and then assemble them correctly.

4: Stand on his head for one minute.

5: Make up a funny dance to do for one minute.

6: Spin 10 times and then run from the patio to the opposite fence, then spin 10 times and run around the pool.

7: Find the correct balloon & pop it, out of a tub with probably 20ish water balloons in it.

8: Run around obstacles with feet in a pillow case.

9: Do 30 push-ups.

10: Swim around the pool, popping up at intervals singing "Happy Birthday"

11: Crawl over the picnic table, through a box, and under a bench.

12: Shadow box on one leg for one minute.

13: Run around the block as fast as he could.

It took him well over an hour. It was funny, but I think I'll be nicer next year. This may have been too much. What do you think? I had a dream last night of Death chasing Trent all over the yard, while we watched. I hope Trent doesn't hate me.

2 comments:

timpani76 said...

Why was Death chasing Trent? Are you Death for making him do all that stuff? I think if he has fun, it was a good birthday. I love it when people make a big deal about my birthday, and this was definitely a big deal.

Anonymous said...

i think i'm with timpani. if he had fun, that's what matters. love ya,
liz