I've had so many trips to the grocery store that were the stuff of nightmares (screaming kids who won't sit in the cart, run away constantly, climb on things, break eggs and cartons of milk, etc.). I usually come home from the store in a horrible mood, wanting to gouge my brains out. Today however, was quite the opposite, so I thought it blog worthy. Here's what made the trip so good:
1) Clayton was strapped to my chest in his snugly, and didn't make a peep the entire trip (though it did make my back ache toward the end. Oh well, I guess it can't be perfect.)
2) Justice sat in the cart and did not scream, cry, or even attempt to get out of the cart one time (and I didn't even have to bribe him!)
3) Justice wore his Indiana Jones hat and jacket (he won't go anywhere without them), and a bunch of elderly people commented on how much they liked his hat, and how cute he was. I don't think most of them knew he was supposed to be IJ, they just liked the old fashioned hat I guess.
4) A woman in the checkout isle offered to get my million jugs of milk from the bottom of my cart for me (since I looked rather awkward with Clayton strapped to my front). Wasn't that nice of her!
5) A man turned in some woman's purse that she left behind on the bagging counter. It's so nice to see people being honest!
6) Even though the store was unusually crowded, I happened to be lucky enough to get to the line just before it exploded and ran halfway to the back of the store.
7) As I was unloading my cart onto the conveyor belt, Justice spied the pineapple that I was buying, and said "Is that Spongebob's house?!" I laughed out loud.
Storytime: Breaking Bones - When I was in third grade, I wanted nothing more than to break a bone. I didn't care if it was a foot, leg, wrist, or arm--I just wanted an injury that wou...
5 months ago