Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Wonderful Hubby

I mentioned that I could really use a break to Bruce the other day. I should have known, and I was certainly suspicious when my mother called and said that she was kid hungry, and asked if she could borrow mine. Now, that is not all that unusual, Mom likes to borrow my kids from time to time. However she asked if she could have all of them overnight. THAT is NOT normal. However both she and Bruce swore that they weren't in cahoots. Now you know that I'm not going to turn an offer like that down! Here's the kicker that I don't think Bruce was expecting, I had signed up to have the missionaries over for dinner last night. That stinker even went so far as to cancel with the missionaries behind my back, and have them call me that day to confirm, just to hide his scent. The turkey! Luckily for him I chose an easy make ahead menu. I went to the grocery store, and cooked an entire meal for company that was not coming. His reasoning for that is "Well, now you have dinner ready for another night." Anyway it worked out well for him that I decided to go and take Ross to get hair cuts while I was dropping the kids off at Mom's for the night. (I have just had the most drastic hair cut that I've had since I was 12 and had to cut my hair off because it turned green. I really think I like it though.) While I was gone he packed things up and was all ready to take me for a camping trip. I rushed backing thinking I was late for our dinner with the missionaries only to find out that they weren't there. Unfortunately for him, I had just paid to get my hair styled because I was planning a hot date as soon as we ditched the missionaries. He was a very good sport, and we did not go camping, we had a nice evening out. Now we are headed off for a long bike ride. Then we are going to get our kids back and paint the garage. I love my guy!

4 comments:

Trever and Heather said...

I'm glad that you get to be spoiled every once in a while!

timpani76 said...

Aw, sweet husband!

Ok, now I want to see hair pics! Did you happen to get before and after?

Amy said...

Glad you had such a good time. And I'm with Timpani... WHERE ARE THOSE PICTURES?!

lizS said...

hello! HAIR PICS!!