Monday, March 16, 2009

My Kind of Weekend!

I love a good weekend! I had originally planned to be part of the Zillapede in the St. Patrick's day race. A bunch of people in Team Godzilla (a triathlon group that we belong to) dress in silly St. P's day clothes, tie themselves together and run the race with all kinds of loop-de-loops around everything in sight. It sounded like a lot of fun, but I opted to go to the relief society breakfast instead, and that was a good thing. Next I came home; everyone pitched in,and we got the house and yard cleaned up in record time. (I love it when everyone works! I need to make that happen more often!) Then we went to the Magic House with our kids and my brother and sister-in-law. (It is soooo much nicer to go to those kind of places with other grown-ups than for me to take the kids by myself!!! The extra help with corralling the kids was WONDERFUL!! Todd and Suzanne might have had a better time without having to help coral my crew, but I really appreciated it!!) After we got home and had dinner, Bruce and I left the kids with Trent (my little brother) and we went for an easy 3 mile run. The weather was perfect for that, so it was rather nice.

Sunday evening Suzanne, Lydia and I went to a David Glen Hatch fireside. That was AMAZING! I'm so glad that we went. Thanks to Bruce for watching the boys so we gals could go!

This morning Justice was saying a prayer over his scrambled eggs and he said "...please bless the food, and um ... Go Diego Go!..." Snort!

2 comments:

Bruce said...

easy? um... well yes of corse it was easy. i could have run much faster. i wasnt sore even a little bit.

timpani76 said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I wish I felt well enough to go the RS weekend breakfast thingy!