Friday, May 02, 2008

Ross and the Vacuum Cleaner

I was telling the kids about this one yesterday, and we all laughed, so I thought I'd write it down for posterity. Ross was probably somewhere between 1-2 years old at the time. We had an ancient Kirby vacuum cleaner; it was probably made in the 60s. It was REALLY loud, and it sucked so hard that you really had to use your muscles to push it across the carpet. In fact, it was so old that in order to use the hose, you had to detach the head of the vacuum, and attach the hose in it's place.

Anyway, Ross and Lydia used to get the hose out of the closet and put it to their noses to play elephant. One day, I attached the hose to the vacuum so I could clean the couch or something. I attached the hose, and then walked away to plug the vacuum in. While I was away, Ross picked up the end of the hose and started to play elephant. I plugged it in. Too bad for Ross, the switch was in the on position. So here he is playing elephant, and all of a sudden the thing makes a huge "RRROOOAAARRR!!!" and starts to suck on his face. He freaked out!! He wasn't hurt at all, so it was really funny.

5 comments:

Dana Cheryl said...

I'm laughing while trying to be quiet in the library. Yet I'm laughing so hard that I can't breathe! I can just picture it and since he wasn't hurt it's hilarious. Thanks for sharing!

Trever and Heather said...

Ava was scared of vacuums from the day she was born- and she hasn't even seen "The Boogeyman"- so if this ever happens to her she'd probably need to go on some sort of medication.

Bruce said...

one of our kids used to like to ride on the running vacume.

timpani76 said...

My kids used to be both terrified of the vacuum. Now, they just eye it warily and try to stay out of my way.

My brother in law likes to vacuum (I want one of those!) and he makes a game out of chasing the kids around with the vacuum cleaner.

Eyepoke said...

The vaacuum cleaner is one of the tools I used to drive our first cat, Hercules, into irreverisble madness.