Monday, July 16, 2007

Killer Pancakes

I had a pancake recipe that I've been using for years. I thought it was fine until I went to IHOP one day. Their pancakes were much better than mine. Then I went to Amy's a couple of weeks later, we had pancakes for lunch and my children all agreed that Amy's were way better than mine. I had to agree. So I started tinkering with different recipes. So, by taking a little from this recipe and a little from that recipe, I've finally come up with a recipe that kicks some hootie. Try this and tell me what you think.

The Ultimate Pancakes of Death
Sift together the following:
2 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
Add in:
4 eggs - yolks only (set aside whites for later)
2 cups milk
6 TBS. melted butter
In seperate bowl, beat 4 egg whites until stiff,
then gently fold into the other mixture. Cook as usual.
-makes about 18 pancakes-

No comments: