Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Happy Days With My Pre-Schoolers

Okay, I really need to get out and play with my school aged kiddos more. It seems like all my posts are about the two youngest. But to be real, they are the two I see the most, since they are still at home with me. Clayton is going to miss the heck out of Justice in the fall, when Justice starts Kg!

Today I am hosting a couple of ninjas. They had Ninja Oatmeal with Ninja Eggs and Strawberry Ninja Milk for Ninja Breakfast. And when Ninja Clayton got his Ninja Spoon out of the Ninja Drawer, he cracked me up when he wielded it high in the air, with a He-man-By-the-power-of-Gray-Skull-I-have-the-POWER kind of attitude, as he cried "I have the NINJA SPOON!!" At the moment though, Ninja Clayton is having a melt down because Ninja Justice is playing with the guy that Ninja Clayton wants.

Here are yesterday's adventures:

This week is big trash pick-up. I couldn't help but give a little sigh over getting rid of the high-chair, the baby car seat, and a couple of other baby things. In the end, I decided to at least keep Justice and Clayton.

I don't know if our neighbor minds or not, but all of the good puddles are in front of his house.


Here is a cool vine to swing on across the street. After an old guy driving down the street stopped and told me that it was a poison ivy vine, I immediately took the kids in and scrubbed Justice down. However, after consideration, I think that guy must be wrong. While I do know that poison ivy does grow into vines like that one, I don't think this one can be poison ivy. I asked Justice if he had ever swung on that vine before. He said he had. Well he didn't get poison ivy then, and he didn't get it this time. I think it's probably okay.


3 comments:

Dana Cheryl said...

I may have to go around all day randomly shouting "I HAVE THE NINJA SPOON" just because it is a flipping awesome thing to say!!!

About the vine... That looks like a Riverbank Grape Vine which despite the name does not have to grow next to a riverbank. Riverbank Grape Vines are commonly confused with poison ivy vines, however, it's not something that you really have to worry about because poison ivy vines are always firmly attached to their host trees by thousands of little tendrils. It doesn't hang free from the tree like the Riverbank Grape vine. It's an unpleasant job having to "de-ivy" a tree because it is so firmly attached.

Also the Riverbank Grape Vine is in no way poisonous unless you're allergic to grapes. :)

Renae said...

Thank you Dana! You are a wealth of good information! Now I will have no problem letting the kids swing on that vine. And by the way, FETCH YES, we want you to come over!!!

timpani76 said...

I wonder if the old guy was just trying to scare you into getting the kids off the vine? It seems like older people and their paranoid delusions get in the way of all my kid's fun ;)

Wait, you mean we can't put our kids out on big track pick up days? Where's the fun in that?! LOL.