Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Running, Running!!

Well, I'm trying to accustom myself to running long distances. I ran thirteen miles last week, and today I ran "the hills." (Or tried to.) These people that I run with are tough holy honkeroos! Our normal route is six miles, but the nut jobs in "the fast group" tack on an extra five or so (I'm not sure what the actual mileage is) in the hills. This Alton people, have you seen those hills?! I've not tried it before. I always had the excuse of having to get home to get the kids up to get ready for school. And I was quite happy to have the excuse. Well today that excuse was gone. So, when they said "Do you want to do the hills?" I went. That was really really hard! They pretty much ran up Broadway till they got a mile or two away from our normal route, then they ran up and down every hilly street on the way back, then they tacked on the hills from the Challenge of the Bluffs run. I really don't think that I'm ready to hang with these guys. Will I attempt it again on Thursday? Will they ever ask me again? I proved that I am a wimp in comparison.

4 comments:

timpani76 said...

You are not a wimp! If you do this twice a week for a month, I know you will be running just as well as them, if not better!

Anonymous said...

Do it, dangit! (What is it you keep telling me... something about how it's hard at first, but anybody can do it??!!??)

Anonymous said...

hmmm, let's see, if i can't even run a quarter of a mile, what does that make me? you are a stud renae, don't ever think anything different!
liz

Dana Cheryl said...

Girl you rock! You inspire me. More than once I gotten my butt outta bed just by thinking of you out there running. Go for it!