Wednesday, September 13, 2006

This Will Be Great!!!!! (If I Can Manage to Drag Myself Out of Bed at 4:30am)

I've been thinking that I wanted to get out and run more consistently than I have been doing. I usually manage to go about 2 or 3 times a week. But its hard, because I just go by myself, so its whenever I can squeeze it in. Some days I go around groddy all day long, waiting for a chance to go running, before I shower. Lots of times I take my two youngest children with me, in my running stroller, with the dog (a 100lb yellow lab) trotting along side. We make quite the spectacle! I've been wanting to step it up though. And I've been thinking that a running buddy would be just the thing to make sure that I went. Well, I found a whole group! Its at a time when it won't interfere with my family, and to make it even better, I will never have to find someone to watch the children while I go!

I found out about it from a new friend, Linda who I met at the half-max that Bruce and Todd did last Saturday. (That's a whole other entry). Anyway, they meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:00am, and on Saturdays at 7:00am, at the local gym. They run about six miles on Tue & Thur and a bit longer on Sat. Something like that, I think. Well, I went on Tuesday, and to my surprise, I had absolutely no problem keeping up at all. I felt great when we were done! Wowie! Wow! Wow! Wow!! I believe that I will go with them all the time! Then, if I just add a run or two in of my own during the week, I'll be doing great! Its so wonderful to have people to run with! This could be perfect! (Am I using enough exclamation marks?) The only problem will be to get out of bed at 4:30. I can do it though, I just need to make it to bed approximately when the kids go to bed. I've always been a morning person anyway. Time will tell if I can manage it. I am way excited to have a group to run with! Can you tell?

No comments: