Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Okay, Here's My Sign!

I'm officially one of those stupid people! The other day, I was using the computer when a big thunder clap came up and the electricity went off for a second. (I know, you aren't supposed to use the computer in a thunder storm, but it really wasn't thundering much until just then). When I next tried to go online, it wouldn't go. I did all of the things that I know how to do to fix the problem (which isn't much). I spent an probably an hour trying to figure it out, but to no avail. Yesterday was extremely busy, so I didn't have time to think about it. So, today, I finally give in and call tech. support. As helpful as they are, I hate tech. support! It usually takes forever to fix the problems, and I have a hard time understanding most of what they say. After about an hour and a half of talking to three different tech support guys, the problem shows its face. The router needed to be reset. It got confused in the power outage. All I had to do was to unplug the darned thing and plug it back in! What a dork! DUH! Isn't that one of the first things that you are supposed to do? Unplug! Argh! Here's yer sign!

No comments: